Thursday, February 28, 2008

Making My List, Checking It Twice...

The first thing on my to do list is to get tickets for The Odd Couple, now playing at the Hart Community Theatre. I hope it's on yours! I hope to go on Friday, tomorrow that is. (See yesterday's post for the details.) I hope to have many questions answered, the most important being.. Am I an Oscar or a Felix type? I think most of my critics would put me into the Oscar category... Which one are you? Will you truly be able to navigate future challenges without knowing the answer to one of life's most basic questions? And once we decide on our category... what to do then? Clean the house or raid the fridge? Oh just go see the play and surely your angst/confusion will ease.

Before the play starts on Saturday, you might want to take a short drive and check out The 14th Annual Athens Home and Garden Show from 10 AM - 6 PM

I hadn't planned to go to Athens this weekend, but oh, I may have to check this out on Sunday afternoon. (My dance card is full for Saturday.)

It will be at The Classic Center, 300 N. Thomas St., Athens and will present great exhibits and demonstrations of the latest in indoor and outdoor home improvements. A special "Kid's Corner" will include activities, arts and crafts, and other family events to keep them all smiling. Come on out to enjoy this annual event. 2008 ticket prices: $5 adults/$4 seniors/$3 age 3-12/ under 3 free. Parking Fee: $5. 706-357-4444.

I really want to get ahead of the long, hot summer and see what water saving devices are on the market, available for our area. So far I haven't had much luck in finding the plumber of my dreams (anybody interested in the new gadgets) but hope springs eternal. So... maybe this show will be a source of much needed info.

My sister is coming to town so there won't be much on the weekend agenda, but coffee, coffee and more coffee, but I plan to torture her overscheduled self with news of a weekly offering at the Atlanta History Center on Sunday afternoon, Mar 2, 2008 12 PM - 5 PM

Join the Atlanta History Center in celebrating the heritage of Ireland with traditional Irish music performances on multiple instruments; haunting and hilarious Irish songs; Ceili (Kaylee) dancing; and spirited colorful Irish step dancing. This program is free with general admission. For more information, please call 404.814.4116 or visit www.AtlantaHistoryCenter.com.

Admission: This program is free with general admission.
Parking fee: $0
Event Phone: 404-814-4000

She would so be there if the price of gas was a dollar less, if Monday didn't present scheduling difficulties. So... if you're broke, and the gas card is on the coffee table... zoom on up to Atlanta for a few hours!

And what have I been doing lately besides throwing things at my computer? Well tonight I went for a run. It was lackluster, but I made it to 3.1 miles and entered my total into
http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html;jsessionid=C73234F402D2234D74BBF27E2528C11B

I love that site. It's made me work out so much harder. check it out... Tomorrow! Good night!

No comments: