Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thank You Mozilla

(FYI, this is Tuesday's blog... that I lost and rewrote on Wednesday, then almost lost again and finally loaded on Thursday. My technological burdens are so heavy... anyway, hopefully today will be a double post. If I can stand my own efficiency, that is...)

Curses! I cannot believe that I failed to mention that The Odd Couple is playing at the Hart County Community Theatre in Hartwell, Ga! Sob, it opened last weekend… and have I bought my tickets yet? No, no, but yes, I’m going to, I promise! I cannot believe that my brain failed me, that it could be such a heel… hmmm… if I’m walking on it, that just might explain its chronic ineffectiveness. But I digress! The point is, the Odd Couple is playing on Depot Street February 22-24, 29 & March 1-2, 2008... So give your heel-brain a wonderfully sadistic workout, RUN over there and get your tickets! I’ve heard that the director is very young, and very talented so it‘ll be interesting to see the play through the eyes of Generation Y.

If you decide to go to see the play on Saturday, you might start your day in Athens, Ga at
The 2008 Inaugural Fred Birchmore Run for Fun 5K/1M in Athens, GA. The 5K is at 3:30PM and the one miler is at 3:00PM. Isn’t that time the greatest? You can watch Conan, sleep late, eat a big breakfast and burn half the calories…

From Active.com:

The race takes place at Sandy Creek Nature Center / North Oconee Greenway
which is located at 205 Old Commerce Road, Athens, GA 30607.

Come celebrate with the legendary Fred Birchmore at the Inaugural Fred Birchmore Run for Fun 5K and 1 Mile. Fred Birchmore, 96 years young, is a world traveler, adventurer, sportsman, author, naturalist, historian, and builder of the Great Wall of Happy Hollow. He has been a member of the Athens Kiwanis Club for 76 years.

The course will run on the North Oconee Greenway on paved surfaces and is flat and fast. Registration will open at 1:30PM at the parking lot for the Allen House, which is located next to Sandy Creek Nature Center.

Fees: $15.00 by 2/15/08, $20.00 afterwards thru race day.
Online Registration Closes: 02/28/08 11:59 PM
Website: http://www.runningintheusa.com/crs

Now doesn't that sound like fun? I think "you" should do it. I have a wayward relative coming through town, so I doubt I'll be able to go.

After the race, head on down to Hartwell, take a polar dip in the rather large… er puddle… formerly known as Lake Hartwell, sigh… and wash off the stink off (who knew endorphins stunk so?! I thought they were a good thing!) BEFORE heading down to Depot Street, to the Odd Couple. (If you skip step 2, er… watch who you sit next to…Just a thought…)

On the industrious side, I subbed a playlet to The Women's Theatre Project. They’re putting together a reading of women's short plays (10 minutes), scenes and monologues to celebrate International Women's Day. The reading will be on Sunday, March 9th in Ft. Lauderdale. FL. This is a meaningless ritual, but hey, at least I got to poke that send button. (Every finger should get its daily workout. I'm a firm believer in that.) And the artistic director sent me a nice, "you go girl" confirmation, so that seemed civilized. I doubt my feeble offering will make the cut, but at least… my brain also got it's aerobic workout! Yeah, I'm sure I was going for that. I hope that’s called fulfillment lol. … Is that related to being full of oneself? I sense a strong connection.

On that out-of-tune note, stay tuned for more great discoveries and blown deadlines… Good night!

No comments: