Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It seems that I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to attend anything in the area... excuses, excuses! Yeah, yeah, yeah that's what I'm all about... It's a pity because there's a lot of interesting events going on in our area...

There's always a good run going on in Athens. They have more runs than any other town/city! (Not that I'm complaining...)

I thought about doing this race early on in the week, but I have a competing event... but if you're free in the middle of the day, you might check out The 3rd Annual South Jackson Jog 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run on Saturday,March 8, 2008 - in Athens, GA of course. The one miler is at 2:00 PM and the 5K is at 2:30PM

Come join us at South Jackson Elementary School for the 3rd Annual South Jackson Jog 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run. The start/finish is located at South Jackson Elementary School, which is located at 8144 Jefferson Hwy, Athens, GA 30601 (8 miles north of the Loop 10 bypass on US 129 - Jefferson Hwy). Proceeds from the race will benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

The course is run entirely on paved streets through the countryside around the school. This event is part of the 2008 Run and See Georgia Grand Prix Series.

Fees: $13.00 by 3/1/08, $16.00 afterwards. That's a cheap one! Most of them are more expensive... especially for those of us who like to pay at the last minute.

Online Registration at Active.com closes: 03/06/08 at 11:59 PM

Or if an afternoon race doesn’t suit…

Mar 8, 2008 Inaugural St. James UMC Missions Possible 5K Run/Walk - Watkinsville, GA 5K - 8:30AM Saturday, March 8, 2008 The 5K will begin at 8:30AM. Watkinsville First Baptist Church 1610 Simonton Bridge Road Watkinsville , GA 

Come join the Missions Possible Team for the Inaugural Missions Possible 5K Run/Walk to be held at the First Baptist Church in Watkinsville, GA. The church is located at 1610 Simonton Bridge Road, Watkinsville, GA 30677. The host sponsor for the race is St. James UMC.

Fees:
$15.00 by 3/3/08, $20.00 afterwards to race day.
Online Reg. Closes: March 6, 2008 11:59 PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Pottery awards from Happy Valley Pottery (Oh, I'd love to win some pottery!) will be awarded to Overall Male/Female, Masters Male/Female, and top three Male/Female in age groups beginning 10 and under through 70 and over. Proceeds from the race will benefit the St. James UMC World Missions Outreach. The entire course will be run on paved streets through neighborhoods adjacent to the First Baptist Church. Packet pickup and race day registration will begin at 7:00AM at the Family Life Center of the Watkinsville First Baptist Church.

If only I was going in the right direction, I'd go check out "All in the Timing." Through March 22. 8 p.m. Fridays - Saturdays; 3 p.m. Sundays. A collection of one-acts, by David Ives. Directed by members of the New Artistic Company. Tickets 420; $17 senior citizens and students. OnStage Atlanta, 2597 N. Decatur Road, Decatur. For more information, please call 404-897-1802 or visit www.onstageatlanta.com

I LOVE, LUV, J'ADORE David Ives! So few playwrights are funny on the page. I would be that he's even funny in the phone book. I so need to check out these one acts. Where is my theatre group! It's time to come together Me, Myself, and I!!!!! Maybe next week. Hope springs eternal. People, get your datebooks ready!

I also have an item on the progressive/subversive agenda (my fave!)... The Green Bean Coffeehouse wish list includes a bookclub for impossibly busy people who would read if they felt like it, if the lighting was better, if the temp/barometric pressure... yes, you get the picture. So I've had to come up with my plan for world domination... which can be ignited with the perfect book/short story, whatever. If Hewlett, The Angry Packard cooperates, I'll be able to force the formula on the unwary at some point during this week. And if that mad power grab doesn't fullfull, I'm may start an online book club... torturing the locals probably won't be enough. It'll be necessary to take the pain worldwide! (Unplug your computers now!)

Why do I feel like a wrestler tonight? If you are reading this, I bet I have you in a headlock! Wham! I hope that wasn't me hitting the canvas.... Uh oh, I think the Packard is gaining on me... Good night before... I lose my edge!

No comments: